Is there anything that I can do to prevent my premium from increasing?
There are many actions with little or no cost that can be done.
27th April 2021
What can be done to improve your profile to Insurers?
As a retailer there is no doubt that you face premium levels that are a heavy financial burden upon your operation and the number of Insurers willing to offer quotations are few. The reason is very simple. The cost of claims.
So what can be done?
1. Record and Maintain regular, (Eg. 30 minute intervals), floor checks for slip/trip hazards.
2. Display prominent signs urging customer to wipe their feet on high quality door mats. “For your own safety and for the safety of others, please wipe your feet thoroughly on the mat provided”
3. Never wash floors when open for business.
4. Never accuse anyone of shoplifting until you have viewed your CCTV thoroughly and you have no doubt. Allow them to leave and only ever address them later when completely out of sight and earshot of others. Even if it is at a later date.
5. Maintain staff training records read and signed by every staff member.
6. Hold regular staff briefings to discuss risk prevention and requesting their crucial assistance for the health, safety and welfare for staff and customers.
7. In the event of an accident, be a nice person. Request a name, address and phone number of the injured person so as to follow up as required.
8. Keep cash in tills to a minimum and train staff – no heroics – co-operate and hand over cash to avoid injury to selves and others.
9. Be extra diligent of security after delivery of cigarettes
10. Retain a copy of any/every CCTV incident for 2 years